New Trials and Errors

I am working on bunnies. Is that new? Not really. But something is better than nothing sometimes when you are trying to get back into the swing of things.

I got my standard wood filament to work. And gave a ebony wood filament a go. Took a little bit to find the settings sweet spot, but I think I have it down. I did print with a natural PLA+ filament too. That took a little tweaking to get the parts to fit together. I also need to make the line count more consistent throughout the hear. when I printed it I did 5 layers on the top and bottom, but only 3 through the middle. That has now been changed to be 5 all the way through so that the coloration of the material remains even. Right now you can clearly see where the material is thicker.

This bunny looks like he has an ear hat on

I can also see a lot of layer change areas that resemble bubbles all over the piece. This is due to where the gcode defined the layer change point. It is better than having a seam on the part, but it is still a little annoying. It is also really only visible with the natural PLA+. It does not show at all on colored filament pieces.

Life is about trial and error. You do not learn if you do not fail.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.